Location: Along Blue Star Highway, Allegan County, Michigan ; Location
16-022D (Stryker Instruments R-D Facility)
Location: Roadway between Lovers Ln. and Portage Rd, Portage, MI; Location
Development Size: 0.9-mile roadway to serve approximately 290-acre industrial zoned property
Owner: Stryker Instruments, City of Portage
- Project Cost: $6 M
- Coordinated public and private partnership with Stryker and City of Portage.
- Designed roadway with two-lane and boulevard sections to maximize land use potential.
- Developed roundabout to connect roadways and driveways near the center of the project.
- Performed traffic study and designed intersection improvements at connections to existing public roadways.
- Engineered public water and sanitary sewer extensions. Obtained required permits from MDEQ.
- Coordinated with adjacent industrial development for shared storm water management system.
- Designed 1.5 mile shared use pathway to connect to existing City recreation system.
- Developed traffic signal plans for Portage Rd. intersection. Constructed with MDOT grant
- Performed on-site inspection services to conform with City of Portage documentation requirements.
Location: Roadway between S. Drake Rd. and Howard St, Kalamazoo, MI; Location
Development Size: 1.2-mile roadway, approximately 140-acre development area
Owner: WMU Foundation, City of Kalamazoo
Project Summary: Hurley & Stewart completed the design of this complex road system complete with a double roundabout, 4-phase traffic signal, off-road pedestrian path, and storm water treatment and disposal system in a development partnership with the WMU Foundation, City of Kalamazoo, and Kalamazoo Public Schools. Significant features of this project included:
- Project Cost: $3.6 Million
- Public road project with regional storm water management, public water extension, and public sewer extension
- Developed multiple concepts to create connection from Drake Rd. to north side of Western Michigan University’s campus.
- Investigated ways to utilize property for future development opportunities including Walden Woods Condominiums (currently under development), Parkway Flats Apartments (currently under development), Gilden Woods Daycare, and other commercial sites.
- Designed site to have access to public utilities.
Location: 600 E Michigan Ave., Kalamazoo, Michigan ; Location