Location: 3800 E. Centre Ave., Portage, MI 49002
Owner: Stryker Medical
Size: 433,200 sf Industrial Manufacturing Facility on an 80-acre site
Project Cost: $64M
Project Summary: Hurley & Stewart staff completed the conceptual and final design documentation as well as construction engineering services for Stryker Medical’s new manufacturing facility in Portage, Michigan. Assisting Stryker’s renewed commitment to and investment in Southwest Michigan, Hurley & Stewart completed the surveying, site layout, landscaping, grading and earth balancing, and utility extensions designs and also managed the local site plan approval and permitting processes. Significant features of this project included:
- 211,000 CY of earth moved
- 856-space employee parking lots with significant truck docks and internal circulation design
- Complex storm water collection, treatment and infiltration design
- 1-mile of public water main and sanitary sewer designed and installed to serve the facility
- Coordinated with Consumers Energy to install a new regional sub station
- Significant public infrastructure upgrades including road and turn lane widenings
Development Size: 8.62-acre development, 85,800 sqft building addition, parking lot expansion, and utility extension.
- Project cost: $13 M
- 85,800 sqft building addition for industrial manufacturing.
- 274 employee parking lot expansion.
- Water and storm water utility extensions and relocation. 71,000 cft storm water basin.
- Coordination and development of a multi phased construction plan and a future development phase.
- Secured various City and County permits and approval, construction specs., and assistance with construction administration.
Location: 6201 S Sprinkle Rd, Portage, MI 49002
Location: 126 N Brady Rd, Battle Creek, MI 49037
Owner: Prairie Farms
Location: 1716 Vanderbilt Ave, Portage, MI 49024
Owner: FEMA Corporation